Pages

Sep 18, 2016

Book Recomendation



I just finished listing to the audio book version of this wonderful book.  I only knew of about five of these women before.  It has caused me to spout into phrases such as " Hey did you know a woman discovered the double helix, or nuclear fission, or invented Kevlar?" to everyone around me.  Expect to see many of these women popping up in my work soon.   I've already done pieces on two women featured in the book, Ada Lovelace and Hedy Lamarr.  I just got these pieces back from exhibitions this summer and they have been a bit hit.  The originals are still available, the postcards are popular, and prints are coming soon.  Check them out in my Etsy shop.

Ada Lovelace
The first computer programmer

Hedy Lamarr
co-inventor of alternating frequency technology behind Wi-fi, Bluetooth, and GPS

I listened to the audio book through an app called Overdirve which lets you lend digital items such as e-books from your local library.  How cool is that?  If you do decide to purchase the book on Amazon please make sure to do it through Amazon Smile and select the Stutz Artists Association to support your favorite local artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment